During the evening hours, when I’m winding down and turning off all the outside noise I tend to reflect on the events of my day.
At the end of a day, beginning of a new week, month, or year, most of us take a little time to reflect on our lives by looking back over the past and wandering into the future; pondering our successes, failures and memorable moments that are inscribed in our life’s story. The process of self reflection helps us maintain a conscious awareness of where we’ve been and our journey forward. Reflections is they key to progression and is vital to the Organization and preservation of our dreams, goals and desires.
I’ve made a list of thought provoking questions that I often reflect on from time to time, some of which are shared below. Don’t hurt your heads trying to come up with the perfect answer, just share whatever pops into your head at first glance of each one, because there are NO right or wrong answers to these question.
1. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?
2. What’s more important…….Time or Money?
3. Is crying a sign of weakness?
4. Do you ask enough questions, or do you just settle what you already know?
5. Are you grateful for the things you do have?
6. Or are you still waiting for what you want before you express gratitude?
7. When was the last time you tried something new?
8. If you could live your life over again, what would you change ?
9. Who do you admire most?
10. If you had a friend who spoke to you the way you spoke to yourself, how long would you be friends with that person?
11. What’s your definition of living vs. existing?
12. How often do you SMILE?
Remember there are no right or wrong answers to these questions!
© Etta D. Richards