Believe you’re awesome and you’re half way there!
I think I may have had the best weekend ever. I mean all of my weekends are great, but this one was extraordinary, spending quality time with my daughters is always awesome, because when kids get older(teenagers and beyond) they have a life of their own and have to pencil in ‘Mommy time’. For that I have to be thankful!!
But during my extraordinary weekend, while drifting down from my high of cake and funny faces, I connected with an old friend on facebook who I will call Jenna. Jenna was distraught about how things were going in her life. Which came as a bit of a shock to me, because I used to think that she was one of the strongest person I knew. Now Jenna was coming off a shell of a of her former self. Some of the things that came up during our conversation, was how tough life was, how she was faced with so many challenges both on and off the job. After she was done burning my ears off. I put in my two cents, a little of which, seemed to have sunken in.
When you’re face with any challenge, you have choices, you can either let your situation define you, by letting destroy you or letting it strengthen you. The choice is yours to make. While making that choice, remember these 8 things.
1. That you are not here to live up to the expectations of other.
2. What success mean to you, means something completely different to someone else.
3. You don’t have to be flamboyant to make an impression
4. You don’t have to be famous to be significant.
5. You don’t need to be validated by anyone else. You are already valuable.
6. You need to believe in yourself and what you wish to achieve.
7. You can be humble and still be amazing.
8. Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
After chatting for all but two hours, some of her former self began to come out and by the end of our chat, she was smiling ago.
~ Have a Meaningful Monday