“One of the huge mistakes people make is that they try to force an interest on themselves. You don’t choose your passions; your passions choose you.” ~ Jeff Bezos
Like so many others before you, you’ve decided to take not of your talents, skills and interest and pursue that dream that’s been nudging at you forever. The job titles, security of a monthly paycheck or pension now fall second to doing what truly makes you happy, you’re not longer helping someone else pursue their dream because you have pushed yours to the top of the list.
If none of what I just said applies to you. Don’t start sending invites to the petty party just yet. Where there’s a dream there’s a way, where there’s determination there are possibilities. Working towards achieving anything in life calls for undergoing the process of elimination by examining what your interest are and the direction you want to take.
1. What job would I be doing if I wasn’t being paid to do it?
2. What activities brings you joy and make you feel like a kid in a candy store?
3. How do you want to feel once you’ve achieved that dream?
4. What smaller dreams can I do now that will lead me to my bigger dream?
5. What skills do I have that will keep me going once I’ve achieved that dream?
6. What steps can I take today toward pursuing my dream?
Once you can answer these questions honestly and unmask what it is you truly love doing and recognise the skills you have to make it happen. Your opportunities will become limitless. Introducing the pattern of Gratitude and Forgiveness and your actions, your opportunities and life, in general, will become even more stable as you effortlessly achieve your goals. There may be a few bumps along the way but again you will bounce back more quickly.
©Etta D. Richards