“There comes a time when the world gets quiet and the only thing left is your own heart. So you’d better learn the sound of it. Otherwise, you’ll never understand what it’s saying.”
As we mature, some would say get older, we learn the true value of relationships, family, friendships, the solitude of our personal space. These are the things that time places value on as a means to say, your time is limited don’t waste it on distractions.
- Stop engaging in gossip and valueless conversations.
- Pay attention to life. Life sends us signs we only need to pay attention.
- It’s ok to shut the world out and sleep in.
- Chew your food slowly, savour each delectable bite, there are no meals served in the graveyard.
- Plan a holiday even if you can’t afford.
- Go on a date with your significant other, pretend it’s your first.
- Write a note to your future self.
- Look in the mirror and say “I Love You!”
When you treat life differently, life treats you differently. Don’t wait for old age to appreciate the time you have left, live like your life depended on it.
©Etta D. Richards