“I want to grow. I want to be better. You Grow. We all grow. We’re made to grow.You either evolve or you disappear.”
This is my submission to Debbie’s Forgiving Friday series, where she writes about and invite others to share their thoughts on Forgiveness, Self-Love and Personal Growth.
I read somewhere that the only person you should be better than, is the person you were yesterday and I firmly believe this. But how do you become better than you were from one day to the next? It begins with personal growth and setting challenges for yourself.
6 challenges for personal growth
1. Begin using words that will encourage others instead of ones that tear them down.
2. Perform a simple act of kindness -Pay it forward seem to be popular but you can create your own act of kindness.
3. Learn and practice one new skill -Origami anyone?
4. Teach someone something new- I taught a friend how to cook a Bahamian dish and she was grateful.
5. Let got of one thing that’s holding you back-I forgave and moved on.
6. Keep an open mind- Be receptive to new experiences.
Personal Growth is a slow process, sometimes you’ll feel like giving up, the key is to stay focus and to remember that motion is progress. You cannot be better than the person you were yesterday by standing still.
©Etta D. Richards