Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings. ~William Arthur Ward
This past Thursday America celebrated Thanksgivings, a day of celebrating with family and friends while expressing gratitude. With Christmas quickly approaching, this is a time of year where you can easily become overwhelmed with the commercialization of the season; anxiety holiday shopping all of which can make you lose sight of the all the things that are going well in your life.
Before getting lost in the madness of the season, reflect on this past year. Take stock and recognise all that you have to be thankful for and adopt a spirit of gratitude before you’re hit with the onslaught of the busyness this time of year can impose. Gratitude is more than just sharing lavish meals with family and friends, it flows through all aspects of living each and every day of your lives.
12 things to express gratitude for int the form of 12 questions you can ask yourself.
Relationships-Family and Friends
1. What unforgettable memories have you done in 2017?
2. What new tradition have you created with your family this year?
3. Who has helped with your Personal Growth?
4. How many new things did you try this year?
1. Has your performance at work improved?
2. How you built work/life balance?
3. What overlooked necessity does your income help you pay for?
4. What have you done to make yourself more valuable to your organisation?
1. Have you removed the clutter from your life?
2. What rituals have you created to get you through the day?
3. Have you learned the magic of living in the NOW?
4. Have you accepted you?
©Etta D. Richards