I’ve gone through a lot of roadblocks, potholes, mountains and heartbreak in my life. Sometimes I wonder if challenges are really meant to make us stronger or just tear us down to a point where we concede that life is a game we cannot win! One up, two down and on and on it goes until there’s nothing left. Well, when the going gets tough— that the tough get going. Right?
1. Life is not always a bed of roses but when it becomes utterly tough and you feel you can’t go on have some lemonade, enjoy the sunshine and remember to always be thankful.
2. Even when things are not abundantly clear, trust the journey.
3. There is no crime reinventing your goals, the greatest crime is giving up when you have a dream in your heart.
4. Look for the opportunity in your struggle. Life going downhill? Enjoy the ride and figure out where to go next once you’ve reached the bottom of the hill.
5. Appreciate your support system even if you don’t recognise them, they’re there.
6. Do not make the mistake of comparing your progress with those of others. Every baby learns to walk at different ages in their lives. Know that everyone has their own timeline for development.
7. The things we often reject are the things that we need most. You don’t often end up exactly where you want to be but being open to possibilities makes the journey more bearable until you get there.
8. Finally, once you win the mental battle you can better understand how to ease the pressures of life and better able to catch yourself in the act of self-victimizing. This will help you redirect your thoughts to the real-situation while rejecting the untruths of your imagination.
This is my contribution to Debbie’s Forgiving Friday series, where she writes about and invite others to share their thoughts on Forgiveness, Self-Love and Personal Growth. Debbie, thank you and I am so grateful the opportunity to contribute to your blog.
©Etta D. Richards