“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” ~Thomas A. Edison
Today is Good Friday on the Christian Calender, now work, no school. For me, it’s just one of those extremely rare lazy days I’m starting to enjoy. Not having a do to list or in my case ignoring my to-do list means I get a chance to reinforce my practice of taking care of me! I’m reminding myself that I’ve spent the past few days taking care of everyone so it’s time shut the door on everything and do something for myself.
The human mind needs reminders, it doesn’t matter how much we condition ourselves or try to introduce positivity in our lives, a great weakness is that the slightest trigger can reverse all the good we try to do by sending our mind into panic mode.
Whether you wish to admit it or not we all have our weaknesses, it’s knowing that weakness and learning to overcome them is how we can strengthen our mind to the point where everyday triggers no longer send us into a downward spiral.
Overcome your weaknesses by reminding yourself that……
1. Saying no doesn’t make you a bad person.
2. Speaking up doesn’t make you a bully unless you are trying to convince someone to abandon their beliefs.
3. Honesty is the best policy even if it hurts or causes you to lose friends or distance you from family members.
4. Prioritize your needs! Period!
5. Embracing your imperfections means embracing yourself entirely! This is only one you in this entire Universe, that’s your weapon.
6. Forgiving and seek forgiveness is the only way to move on.
7. It’s ok to do absolutely nothing! Read a book, get a massage, take a tea break! Doing nothing doesn’t mean you’re ignoring everything it simply means you’re recharging.
Note to self
This is also my contribution to Debbie’s Forgiving Friday series, where she writes about and invite others to share their thoughts on Forgiveness, Self-Love and Personal Growth. Debbie, thank you and I am so grateful the opportunity to contribute to your blog.
©Etta D. Richards