The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts: therefore, guard accordingly, and take care that you entertain no notions unsuitable to virtue and reasonable nature.
We each aspire to attain that feeling of true happiness. We may experience mood swings caused extreme sadness and grief to depression and loneliness but our craving for happiness is always present. Our thoughts are powerful, they control how we react to what life throws at us. Though it’s something we crave, we struggle to attain happiness because life is unpredictable and it’s easy to be crippled by the sadness, grief, depression and loneliness that comes from life events or situations we may find ourselves having to confront.
I’m always looking for ways to improve myself, one of those improvements is to find more ways to not only attain, but maintain happiness. I don’t mean the permanent grin and floating on cloud nine kind of happiness, I mean the lasting happiness that brings productivity, acceptance and make it easier for me to shut out the negativity. Happiness isn’t something that simply happens, we have to find ways and make small changes in our lives to invite happiness into our lives.
13 ways that to invite happiness into your life
- Stop the constant pressure to do more, be more, work more.
2. Gain confidence in all areas of life – without having to struggle to have it.
3. Recognise the false limiting beliefs that are holding you back and learn how to remove them.
4. Let go, forgive, and move on! What happened in the past, leave there.
5. Find what brings you lasting fulfilment and look for ways to achieve it.
6. Meditate, Journal! Putting your thoughts on paper helps bring clarity.
7. Make new friends by finding your tribe of like-minded, authentic people.
8. Stop looking for happiness outside of your self and know that you are enough.
9. Do something you’ve been putting off. We all have a back burner filled things we’ve been meaning to do but have never found the time.
10. Know that every storm runs out of rain. Turn those negative into positives.
11. Be your own authentic self. Discover your reality, not the the reality of your emotions or the reality of society.
12. Practice self-care by taking care of your body. A healthy body is a happy body.
13. Practice Self-Love!
Pinned Message: Happiness is a choice. It’s won’t always be easy to attain but we owe it to ourselves to maintain. If all else fails there’s absolutely nothing wrong with seeking professional help.
YOUR TURN…IF THIS POST RESONATES WITH YOU, DROP YOUR COMMENTS BELOW
©Etta D. Richards