I don’t have to chase extraordinary moments to find happiness, it’s right in front of me if I’m paying attention and practicing gratitude.
Age doesn’t always bring wisdom but when it does, it comes with life lessons. With that wisdom we lean to see the lessons we wished we had learned when we were younger. Lessons that would have made us more appreciative and made life more easier. Unfortunately wisdom and the lessons life has to teach us are in retrospect, they come along after they’re needed, however, when they do come, they’re never wasted because they not only become beneficial to us but also those around us. With our new found wisdom we’re able to offer genuine guidance to others.
Here are some lessons I’d like to pass on ……….
1. Life isn’t always easy, but it is worth it.
2. As long as the sun rises in the morning, there’s a second chance to start over.
3. You can be a victim or a victor, but you can’t be both.
4. You may be good at many things, but to be great at just one thing.
5. We become our parents.
6. You gotta believe in something, if you believe in nothing then nothing will ever exist for you.
7. We can’t change a person, we can only change ourselves
8. Children will suck the life out of you if you let them.
9. It doesn’t matter your circumstance, you can rise above it. Give yourself time.
10. Someone’s perception of you doesn’t define you
11. Walking away is sometimes the hardest, but more often than not, it’s the best thing to do.
12. If you can quiet your minds to the point of hearing your own heartbeat, anything is possible.
15. Everything in the world was once a simple thought, start dreaming and just do it!
Pinned Message: Our ability to gain perspective and share our wisdom with those around us is essential for personal growth. This is the embodiment of mindfulness and kindness because they’re the stepping stones to compassion and empathy.
YOUR TURN…IF THIS POST RESONATES WITH YOU, DROP YOUR COMMENTS BELOW
Stay in touch! Stay inspired! Follow me on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook
©Etta D. Richards
One thought on “15 Little Lessons in Life We Sometimes Ignore”