As we find ourselves soon to say goodbye to yet another month and prepare to usher in the final month of the year I can’t help but to emotionally reflect on the past few months. Between the borage of hospital visits, trying to keep my sanity while juggling my commitment to family and work in between, I try to take the time each day to make, whether mentally or on paper, to make my life of things I’m grateful for.
1. Good Health, Life and the occasional bump in the road- These are the sum of all things. We are nothing without them.
2. Mitzy- she brought so much life to our family. She was my constant companion, who gave us all unconditional love, it still hurts to even think her name.
3. My daughters-I am grateful for their thoughtfulness and telepathic love.
4. My Mom- I’m just grateful that God had kept her with us and grateful for her love and selflessness.
5. My aunts- There are words for their unconditional love and support.
6. Doctors who work miracles!
As the years pass, I am coming more and more to understand that it is the common, everyday blessings of our common everyday lives for which we should be particularly grateful. They are the things that fill our lives with comfort and our hearts with gladness — just the pure air to breathe and the strength to breath it; just warmth and shelter and home folks; just plain food that gives us strength; the bright sunshine on a cold day; and a cool breeze when the day is warm.
― Laura Ingalls Wilder
What do you find yourself grateful for as you reflect on the past 11 months of this year?
©Etta D. Richards