“The most terrifying thing is to accept oneself completely.”
As we near the end of yet another lockdown here in the U. K, I can’t help but to hit the pause button to reflect on not only the past year, but the past few months. From December to now I’m constantly reflecting on the many things I have implemented in my life which have not only kept me grounded and focus during the first year of this pandemic but has helped we found the self was buried. In the process I discovered that most of what I was looking for was already there, by paying closer attention to self I found what was staring me in the face all along. The quietness of my morning meditative walks helped me discover the beautiful yet simple things in my life.
The silence brought me peace and awareness, the more silent my mind became, the louder my soul spoke. It spoke of all the wonderful things that was taken for granted, it spoke of all the wonderful things yet to come. It spoke of things that no longer served a purpose in my life and offered guidance, hope and clarity on weeding those things out that no longer served a purpose. When we ignore the chaos and allow our souls to speak to us, it opens our hearts to all the beautiful moments in our lives, all we have to do is listen…….
I was reminded by Tamara, one of my blogger friends, that “Sometimes some of the old gets ripped out to make room for the new, because it will serve us better in the life the universe has set out for us!”
Some new things to fill those spaces you’ve weeded out
- Take a quiet morning stroll
- Keep love close to your heart and learn to say “I Love You” to the ones you love!
- Self Love, Self Care. Do anything that embodies self! It’s not selfish is, comforting and helps you to better relate to those around you.
- Create a vision board! Already done that? Revisit your board and add new visions.
- Pick up a new hobby- Music, Dance,Yoga, Knitting, the possibilities are endless
- Cook!! Even if you don’t think you can cook for your family instead of ordering take out, they’ll love you for it
- Creat new traditions for yourself or you and your family
- Pick up a new skill!
When you determined the things that you most valuable to you, it doesn’t matter how busy your day is or what is happening in the world around you, the commitment to put those things in the forefront or everything else will come without second thought.
YOUR TURN…IF THIS POST RESONATES WITH YOU, DROP YOUR COMMENTS BELOW
©Etta D. Richards