Once again I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award by Anand. His blabberwockying blog in which he shares his love of life, purpose and connecting with others is always colourful, insightful and uplifting to the soul. If you’re not already following, I strongly urge you to visit his space and be sure to follow.
The rules are again quite simple:
- Once you are nominated, make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
- Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
- Nominate 5 -10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
- Lastly, COPY these rules in the post.
Here Are My Answers To Anand’s Questions:
What is your goal in life, if any?
I have so many goals, but the one at the top of my list is to become a published author, I’ve written several short story, have been writing poetry for a few years now, and also writing a book (with flashbacks, and in Bahamian dialect) which I’m still struggling with an ending to. I have several endings, but can’t choose the right one. Another goal is to become a motivational speaker, I enjoy interacting with people, hearing their story and sharing my own.
- What makes you click?
What makes me click…..Let’s see! I’m addicted to knowledge, I love learning new things. Like everyone else, my time here is limited so I want to learn as much as I can.
- What do you like most about yourself?
- What gives you meaning in your work?
Helping others. It brings me joy to know that my contribution, whether through words or a listening ear, made a difference in someone else’s life.
- What personality trait has been the most enduring and representative of you?
This is a tough one! I’d say though, my empathy….
- What genre of movie do you like best, and how has it evolved over your adult life?
I like horror movies, not the slasher Friday the 13 or Nightmare on Elm Street. I mean the classics with Bela Lugosi, Boris Karloff, Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee. But around 15/16 I fell in love with Tolkien and Roddenberry, so now I’m a huge fan of Fantasy and Sci-Fi.
- Who is your hero?
- Where do you feel most at peace?
Alone in any open space, the beach, the forest. I love being in nature, smelling the earth, the rain and hearing the birds, crickets, frogs sing.
- What song makes you sing along out loud, and/or break into dance?
Proud Mary….Tina Turner!
- What do you want people to remember most about you after meeting you for the first time?
- What is the role of gratitude in your life?
Gratitude means everything. I keep a journal and try to write in it each day, or sometimes I just sit in silence and make a mental note of everything that I’m grateful for.
My Nominees Are…
I’m nominating some new followers, so be sure to drop in and visit their blogs.